[ANNOUNCEMENT] copy-paste

Michael Schaap cygwin@mscha.nl
Fri Mar 9 15:31:00 GMT 2007

On 9-Mar-2007 16:00, Dave Korn wrote:
> On 09 March 2007 14:46, Michael Schaap wrote:
>

>> Just hippothesizing, but it might be that the adding of '[ANNOUNCEMENT]'
>> to the subject isn't actually Nabble's fault.  After all, there's one
>> other situation where this happens: cygwin-announce messages get
>> forwarded to the main cygwin list, with a mangled Subject: header.
>> Could it be that the script that does the mangling is somehow triggered
>> for messages coming from Nabble as well?
>>

>   Well, anything's possible, but I would imagine the script that does the
> mangling is triggered by the 'To:' line containing 'cygwin-announce'...

Hopefully, the script in question uses something a bit more reliable
than the To: header.  The Mailing-List: header comes to mind, for
instance.  And it's entirely possible that Nabble manages to send
messages with a wacky Mailing-List: header to the Cygwin list, which
makes the script thinks it's a forwarded announcement.

It's just a theory, I mean, hippothesis, but to me in sounds no more
unlikely than that Nabble somehow does this when sending out the
message, but not in its own archive.

(cgf, any comments?)

 - Michael