[ANNOUNCEMENT] copy-paste

Michael Schaap mscha@mscha.org
Fri Mar 9 14:46:00 GMT 2007

On 9-Mar-2007 15:38, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
>

>>   I notice that 'linux1974', 'bogusbill', and 'ovince', who've all done it
>> recently, are all posting through Nabble.....  need we look any further?
>>

> Yes, and at least one of them have been replying with their text in the
> quoted part of the message, which is utterly unreadable since the entire
> message consists of only quotes.
>
> Yet another reason to ban this nabble garbage.

Just hippothesizing, but it might be that the adding of '[ANNOUNCEMENT]'
to the subject isn't actually Nabble's fault.  After all, there's one
other situation where this happens: cygwin-announce messages get
forwarded to the main cygwin list, with a mangled Subject: header.
Could it be that the script that does the mangling is somehow triggered
for messages coming from Nabble as well?

Still think it's a good idea to ban Nabble, though, 'cause they're
indeed mostly garbage.

 - Michael