change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81

Douglas Goodall douglas@goodallsolutions.com
Wed Aug 16 22:28:00 GMT 2006

> >What are you talking about.  Either you like Unix or you don't.  To the
> >best of my knowledge, FreeBSD doesn't have drive letters either.  Its
> >not the Unix way.  Your position astounds me ;-)
>
>I'm pretty sure that HP/UX understands drive letters, though.
>
>I have 30 years of experience in the computer industry so I am obviously
>right about this.
>
>cgf

This is where the IDD comes in I guess, Just because HP/UX may do it doesn't
make it worth
emulating. Thats my opinion, not based on 40 years of experience in the
computer industry,
but based on my experience since Unix Version 7.
dwg