vIMprovement? (Was Re: Cygintl-3.dll was not found)

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Thu Aug 10 17:45:00 GMT 2006

Igor Peshansky wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, mwoehlke wrote:
>
>> (Oh, look, *there's* one of the signatures that was still at 0 uses :-))
>> [snip]
>> vIMprove your life! Now on version 7!
>
> Speaking of vIMprovements, I don't find the fact that VIm's tab completion
> for files in command mode became case-insensitive particularly convenient.
> In fact, it's been annoying me to no end for the past month or so.
> Anyone know how to turn that off?  Before you ask, scouring VIm's
> documentation for "tab completion" didn't help ('infercase' isn't for
> that, and my 'ignorecase' and 'smartcase' are turned off).

Sorry, can't help... I use vim for quick-and-dirty editing; my skills
with it are abysmal compared to those of a real vim guru.

Anyway, isn't this the point where I say "this isn't a Cygwin question;
please ask on the vim mailing list"? ;-) I assume you've tried there? (I
watch vim-dev@, not vim@) Alternatively you could try mailing Bram
directly, although it seems his availability is lower-than-usual at the
moment.

--
Matthew
vIMprove your life! Now on version 7!