Not directly Cygwin: Windows special filenames

Shaddy Baddah Shaddy_Baddah@hotmail.com.INVALID
Mon Jul 31 04:33:00 GMT 2006

Hi again,

On 7/31/2006 2:11 PM, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
> Indeed cygpath -m /dev/sda or /dev/sda1 return the equivalents from this
> page. Is this misleading, seeing as they are not really valid DOS names?

Sorry, that was a little presumptions of me. Are paths such as
\device\harddisk0\partition0. When I try to open a file to this path, it
is not recognised as valid.

Does it live in the same namespace, so to speak, as C:,
\\suchandsuchserver, etc?

That's where I am coming from in terms of an expectation of what cygwin
-w would return.

Thanks in advance,
Shaddy