Help Understanding Path Issue

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Fri Jun 30 16:25:00 GMT 2006

Igor Peshansky wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, mwoehlke wrote:
>> While CC'ing me for some reason(?), Igor Peshansky wrote:
>> (And was there a reason for that, or did you just hit 'reply all' by
>> accident/reflex/because the hippo made me?)
>
> I always hit "Reply-All", and you didn't have Reply-To: set.

Ah, so I don't. Probably because I am also using gmane to look at KDE
lists; setting reply-to <cygwin> would be a little strange in that case.
Too bad TB doesn't let you set things per-group :-(.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification; no worries.

>>> Actually, the list of variables automatically translated by Cygwin was
>>> posted here at some point (it may even be in the FAQ).  At the very
>>> least it's PATH, HOME, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but there may be others.
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH? Since when does Windows have any clue what to do with
>> *that*? (Or it it folded into PATH?)
>
> Hmm...  [Digs into the sources]...  Yep, here's the full list as of today:
> PATH, HOME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH (yes!), TMPDIR, TMP, TEMP.  And no,
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not folded into PATH.  And don't ask me why it gets
> converted...

Ok, I won't... but at least my confusion is shared. I feel better now. :-)

--
Matthew
Do not expose to hippos. Doing so may void your warranty.