FW: random "fork: Resource temporarily unavailable"

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Thu Jun 22 16:26:00 GMT 2006

On 22 June 2006 17:00, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 11:22:34AM -0400, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>> Robin Walker wrote:

>>> Possibly confirmed!
>>>
>>> As soon as I stop LvPrcSrv, the problems that I was having with sshd are
>>> cured.  When I restart LvPrcSrv, the problems with sshd return.
>>
>> No confirmation of this issue is necessary.  It's a Logitech issue.
>
> So, when will sshd be fixed?  It seems to me that if cygwin wants to be
> taken seriously it should try to work nicely with other software!!!
>
> cgf

  Nahh, that's not WJM enough.  Let's include a list of known-bad applications
in the dll code, and anytime a cygwin process starts up let's have it scan for
Logitech and Norton and Symantec and ZAPro and drop a hippo on any that it
finds!

...and by 'drop a hippo' I mean "Kill all processes and services, wipe the
registry keys, and delete all executables and drivers".

  Seriously, we'd be doing the world a favour!

    cheers,
      DaveK