No postnews or other Usenet news utilities?

Gary R. Van Sickle g.r.vansickle@worldnet.att.net
Sat May 27 00:22:00 GMT 2006

> From: Bruce Wehr
>
> Dave wrote:
> > Well, that little yellow guy always does this really loathsome
> > grunting and straining and going red in the face act that does make
> > him look like he's suffering the world's worst case of constipation
> > ever.
>
> It's obvious there are no Pokemon fans here.

Oh now I wouldn't say that.  My favorite is Roo-Stor.

> Pokemon - a contraction of the English bastardized
> translation of the original Japanese name for these
> characters.  Pokemon is a contraction of "Pocket Monsters."
> They are so called because they live in a little plastic ball
> inside a kid's pocket, awaiting such a time as the kid gets
> in trouble, whips out his/her ball, and sends his/her Pokemon
> to fight his/her battles for him/her (usually against some
> other kid's Pokemon, said other kid also being in trouble,
> likely a fight with said first kid).

Aggravated double entendres plus cartoon violence involving minors, please.
Warnings #1, #2, #7, and #22.

> Every one of these little critters is a Pokemon.  Yes, they
> each have their own individual name (as well as their own
> trading card, which can be collected, traded or used to play
> a card game based on them).  The cards can also be used to
> Make Money Fast (or Lose Money Fast!)!  <he says, as he dives
> for the shelter to escape the anticipated incoming flamage.>
> (Have I shared my long-winded Pokemon roller-coaster
> investment story?  Go ahead, invite me to do so.  I dare you.  :)

I explicitly do not invite you to share said story.  I will however inform
you of the universal truth that anybody who puts actual money into a
*Pokemon* *trading* *card* ***investment*** scheme deserves not only to lose
all that money, but also should be fined substantial punitive damages and
serve a minimum of three years in a state penetentiary.

> Anyway, that little yellow guy?  He has his own name.  H'yah,
> he really does.  It's Pikachu.  And, he's my daughter's favorite.

I got to buy it, I got to buy it!

> I love my daughter.  My daughter loves Pikachu.  Watch what
> you have to say about that Little Yellow Guy, or face the
> Wrath of Dad.

Well, that was the best Star Trek movie, so I guess I have to give you that
one.

>  You have been warned.

Dude, that's Faylor's line.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go read the fine print on my 401(k)....

--
Gary R. Van Sickle