No postnews or other Usenet news utilities?

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Fri May 26 18:54:00 GMT 2006

Dave Korn wrote:
> On 26 May 2006 16:02, mwoehlke wrote:
>> Therefore, by
>> subscribing to such a group, you are stating your intentions to receive
>> "junk mail" ("spam"?) targeted to that audience.
>
>   That is a thoroughly false impression.  Your equation of "advertising ==
> spam" is utterly wrong.  Spam has a definition, and it's not your say-so.  Now
> go find out what a "breidbart index" is, and don't post any more uninformed
> idle speculation until you have some FACTS to back up your posts.

Gee, welcome to humanity! Note that I had a *question mark* in the above
post, meaning "some people might *consider* this 'spam'". Of course,
subscribing to it means it is no longer - technically - "spam", because
it is solicited.

--
Matthew
Feed the hippo. Love the hippo. Run from the hippo.