No postnews or other Usenet news utilities?

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Fri May 26 16:07:00 GMT 2006

Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>> From: mwoehlke
>> Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>>> 2.  What you claim you want to do is spamming, pure and simple, by
>>> anybody's definition.  BTW: Anybody's definition is: "Sending
>>> unsolicited email, usually in an effort to get money from somebody
>>> legally or otherwise, en masse to a bajillion newsgroups
>> and/or email addresses."
>>
>> [snip] ...but I think "unsolicited" is at best debatable, if not
>> outright false.
>>

> ?  I don't follow.

Like I said, my impression of *.forsale is that they are like
classifieds... i.e. EVERYTHING there is advertisement. Therefore, by
subscribing to such a group, you are stating your intentions to receive
"junk mail" ("spam"?) targeted to that audience.

>> --
>> Matthew
>> ...Ruthlessly beating Windows with a hammer until it looks like POSIX.
>
> "Linux".  Cygwin is "Linux" on Windows now.  No, I'm not sure when or why
> that changed either.

But... but... CYNUX! Cygwin's NOT Linux? :-)

I guess it does *look* like Linux, though, but Linux looks like POSIX.
Since { a => b, b => c } <=> { a => c }, Cygwin looks like POSIX; QED. :-)

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Transitive.html

--
Matthew
Feed the hippo. Love the hippo. Run from the hippo.