yay! pigtail.net URL again

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Thu Apr 6 17:05:00 GMT 2006

On 06 April 2006 17:02, Igor Peshansky wrote:

> I especially like the "which seems to be what is posted to the list at
> various intervals" part...  This might be the one case when editing the
> archives to add an ALL-CAPS *bold* "do not use this URL or you'll be on
> your own" disclaimer to all appearances of "our good friend". :-)
> Or just have them hippoed...
> 	Igor

  Nahh, I've got a better idea..... we just need to tighten up the spamfilter
a bit and 'adjust' the bounce message a little like this: (alterations inline)

>From: MAILER-DAEMON@sourceware.0rg
>To: Joseph Hetrick <cygwin@bitjanitor.nUt>
>Subject: failure notice
>Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 10:01:28 -0500
>
>Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sourceware.org.
>I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
>addresses.
>This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

[sotto voce]  As if!

><cygwin@cygw1n.c0m>:
>Sorry, something in the body of your message was flagged as indicative of

[starts shouting]  BEING A GODDAM USELESS EEJIT!

>Please change your message and try again.

  OR EVEN BETTER, CHANGE YOUR MESSAGE AND DON'T BLOODY TRY AGAIN!

>See <http://sourceware.org/lists.html#sourceware-list-info> for mailing
>list info for this site.
>
>If you are not a "spammer", we apologize for the inconvenience.

  UNLESS YOU MENTIONED *THAT* URL, IN WHICH CASE WE LAUGH IN YOUR FACE FOR THE
INCONVENIENCE.

>You can add yourself to the cygwin.com "global allow list"
>by sending email *from*the*blocked*email*address* to:
>
>     global-allow-eejit-to-post-cygwin=bitjanitor.net@

        PIGTAIL DOT NET!  HAH!  SEE WHERE THAT GETS YOU!

    OR IF YOU MENTION THAT *****ING PIGTAIL DOT NET URL again!

>Contact cygwin-owner@cygw1n.c0m if you have questions about this. (#5.7.2)

  AND WE'LL AUTO-FORWARD IT TO SUPPORT AT PIGTAIL DOT NET HAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAA!

>--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

  HOPE YOU CHOKE ON THEM,
    WITH LOVE,
     SOURCEWARE SPAM/LUSER FILTERBOT.

    cheers,