something a little more serious

Eric Blake ebb9@byu.net
Fri Feb 3 05:21:00 GMT 2006

I don't know how this email will turn out, but I guess I am writing it in
hopes that it will be therapuetic to me.  I suppose that this list, being a
chat list on anything tangentially related to cygwin, was someplace where I
felt comfortable enough typing it.

My father passed away today, after a 3-month battle with cancer.  It leaves
my mother alone to support my youngest two sisters still in high school.
The last time I saw my Dad, back on Nov 1, he seemed perfectly healthy, so
the disease came on very quickly.  It's funny how life can take unexpected
turns.  I know my dad would have wanted me to continue on with my own life,
so while I may take a break for a few days to be with family during my time
of loss, I still plan on contributing to cygwin.

On a happier note, it is only four more weeks to the due date of my wife's
second daughter.  Once she comes into the world, I will certainly have to
post a link to a picture or two.  Again, this list seems like the
appropriate place for this type of personal announcement, seeing how Molly
Franklin once got a gold star for her contribution of a future cygwinner:
http://cygwin.com/goldstars/.  My wife Tanya is wonderful for putting up
with all the time I spend on this project.

--
Life is short - so eat dessert first!

Eric Blake             ebb9@byu.net