Who hasn't been badly flamed?

Shankar Unni shankarunni@netscape.net
Wed Sep 7 03:34:00 GMT 2005

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> I hate to say it but I don't remember ever being really flamed.

(Not even by Gary R. Van Sickle? :-)

Anyway, I think that's because good flamers are (a) somewhat
thick-skinned, and (b) recognize the intent behind other good flames.

I get flamed on occasion in other newsgroups (heck, I've felt the sharp
end of cgf's whip-cracks on occasion, too :-), and the only time I get
bothered is if the flamer has misread my post and flames for the wrong
reason (or ad hominem).

(Oh, and "good flaming" is pretty much an American thing. I've just had
to make a fence-mending visit to our offshore office to soothe feathers
ruffled by my "constructive comments"..)