Request for a version/ revision/ release number for the whole Cygwin release/ distribution

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Wed Oct 6 14:18:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Dave Korn wrote:

> [...]

Nah, Ragnarok happens only occasionally (like on a switch to 1.5.*)...

> > > [snip]
> > > You could start your own mailing lists for people using your "John
> > > Kerry StableCygwin 1.0" and perhaps segment our traffic a little.
> >
> > Hmm, then the unstable distribution would be...  Ug, no, we're not
> > giving it *that* name.  No way!  ;-)
>
>   That wouldn't just be unstable, that'd be positively unhinged!

Well, we could reserve that name for known buggy snapshots... ];->
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw