[PATCH] DocBook XML toolchain modernization
Tue Apr 30 20:09:00 GMT 2013
On 4/30/2013 13:07, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 12:58:49PM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
>> Do you mean for me to check these changes in when I get my sourceware
> Yes, with the implied assumption that you won't be breaking anything.
Some questions from the original post:
- When a change is checked in to the docs, does it immediately propagate
to the public web site, or is there a manual publication process? I
mean, if the build is technically broken for a few seconds while I check
in a batch of changes, does it immediately break cygwin.com? If so,
that would require that I check in only self-contained change sets even
if it means long CVS log messages.
- Am I right that we no longer need the second FAQ output format?
- http://cygwin.com/faq.html appears to be assembled from a site-wide
style/navigation file and winsup/doc/faq/faq.html. Is that right, and
if so, do you mind if I add a target to the Makefile that gets you a
secondary variant of faq.html containing just the <body> tag's contents?
Embedding <html> within <html> is eeevil.
- Do you want me to do the proposed doctool to Doxygen conversion, so we
can get rid of doctool?
- If I get rid of doctool, do you agree that we no longer need Autoconf
for the docs?
- Is someone using the @srcdir@ feature of the current doc build system
to build outside the source tree? (e.g. mkdir foo ; cd foo ;
../configure && make) If so, is my "SRCDIR=.. ; make -f ../Makefile"
(If no one is using the @srcdir@ feature, then we *definitely* don't
need Autoconf any more after doctool goes away.)
- Any comments about the other items in my FUTURE WORK section?
Unconditional green light, or do you want to approve them one by one?
More information about the Cygwin-patches