cygrunsrv + sshd + rsync = 20 times too slow -- throttled?

Tue Sep 14 08:47:30 GMT 2021

On Sep 14 17:07, Takashi Yano wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:15:25 +0200
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > That should depend on the O_CLOEXEC setting, but identically for
> > all handles in the fhandler.
>
> I found the cause. set_close_on_exec() in fhandler_pipe is missing.
> set_no_inheritance() calls for all adjunct handles are necessary.
>
> > I pushed two more patches to topic/pipe in terms of inheritence,
> > maybe that gives a clue?
>
> I attached two additional patch for this issue.

Uh oh!  This patch to fhandler_base::dup made me check other fhandlers
and, yeah, we have more unconditional inheritence ignoring O_CLOEXEC
(fhandler_tape for instance).  We should fix that at one point, but that
requires your patch to go to master first.  Let's just keep that in mind
for now.

I'll push both patches in a bit.