cygrunsrv + sshd + rsync = 20 times too slow -- throttled?

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Sep 3 19:00:32 GMT 2021

> I pushed my stuff to the topic/pipe branch split into hopefully useful
> chunks.  Kick me if anything is wrong or not working.

Some of the bugs you fixed in the pipe code exist in the fifo code also.  I
started going through them and fixing them, but then I realized that
fhandler_pipe::raw_write and fhandler_fifo::raw_write are identical.  For ease
of maintenance, I'm thinking we should have a single function, say
fhandler_base::raw_write_pipe or fhandler_base::raw_write_pipe_fifo, which is
called by both of them.

WDYT?

Ken