3.3.0: Possible regression in cygwin DLL (Win10); fixed in snapshot

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Wed Nov 17 08:10:43 GMT 2021

On Wed, 17 Nov 2021 08:46:50 +0900
Takashi Yano wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 11:11:10 -0500
> Ken Brown wrote:

> > > Yes.  It looks good on a first read-through.  I want to look again and do some
> > > testing.  One minor thing I noticed is that fhandler_pipe::raw_read could be
> > > cleaned up a little more: There are still references to STATUS_THREAD_SIGNALED
> > > and STATUS_THREAD_CANCELED, which can't occur any more.
> >
> > It still looks good after a second read.  I'll try using it in my normal Cygwin
> > install to make sure no problems come up.
> >
> > I've pushed a cleanup patch removing STATUS_THREAD_SIGNALED and
> > STATUS_THREAD_CANCELED, as well as a patch documenting the new behavior of the
> > pipe_byte option.
>
> I have just rebased topic/pipe to current master.
>
> I also would like to propose patch attached for topic/pipe.
> Please have a look.

Ah, the spawn.cc part of this patch should be applied not
only topic/pipe but also master and cygwin-3_3-branch.
I have resubmitted that to cygwin-patches mailing list.

Only the dtable.cc part of this patch is for topic/pipe.
Please have a look attached patch.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>