cygwin 3.3.x: another problem that may be related to pipes

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon Nov 15 23:49:34 GMT 2021

On 11/15/2021 6:35 PM, Takashi Yano wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2021 13:47:44 -0500
> Ken Brown wrote:
>> On 11/15/2021 11:52 AM, Takashi Yano wrote:
>>> So, currently we have three options.
>>>
>>> 1) Call CancelIo() immediately after STATUS_PENDING like my patch.
>>> 2) Wait for pipe handle after STATUS_PENDING for nonblocking mode
>>>      like Ken's patch.
>>> 3) Create evt event even for nonblocking mode as Corinna mentioned.
>>>
>>> Which is the best solution, do you think?
>>
>> I'm completely unbiased, of course, but I like option 2.
>
> OK. Shall I make a patch? Or would you like to do that?

If you don't mind doing it, I'd appreciate it.  I have a lot of Real Life things
going on at the moment and might not get to it for a couple days.

BTW, I think we have to do the same thing for fhandler_fifo::raw_read, but you
can leave that for me.

> What should we do for master branch? I think topic/pipe
> is still under test. So, should we apply the same patch
> to master as well as cygwin-3_3-branch?

Yes, I think so.  Then we can rebase topic/pipe onto master.

Thanks.

Ken