3.3.0: Possible regression in cygwin DLL (Win10); fixed in snapshot

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Fri Nov 12 08:33:26 GMT 2021

On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 20:12:06 +0900
Takashi Yano wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 10:52:33 +0100
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > What I don't like much is that we are now running a busy loop, but the
> > NtQueryObject hang is... disappointing, to say the least.  What about
> > using another function like NtQueryInformationFile(FileNameInformation)?
> > I bet this hangs, too, right?
>
> I have just confirmed that NtQueryInformationFile(FileNameInformation)
> also hangs.

I tried to utilize following APIs, however, all of them hangs.

NtQueryObject(ObjectNameInformation)
NtQueryInformationFile(FileNameInformation)
GetFinalPathNameByHandle()
GetFileInformationByHandleEx(FileNameInfo)

However, NtQueryInformationFile(FileProcessIdsUsingFileInformation)
does not hang. I wonder how it checks internally that one of the
process handles is pointing the same pipe.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>