3.3.0: Possible regression in cygwin DLL (Win10); fixed in snapshot

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Nov 11 16:11:10 GMT 2021

On 11/10/2021 4:32 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 11/10/2021 3:35 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Nov 10 22:30, Takashi Yano wrote:
>>> Thanks. I have just pushed the experimental patch to topic/pipe.
>>> Please try. If something wrong, please point it out.
>>
>> Great, I'll have a look.  Ken, you're looking as well, right?
>
> Yes.  It looks good on a first read-through.  I want to look again and do some
> testing.  One minor thing I noticed is that fhandler_pipe::raw_read could be
> cleaned up a little more: There are still references to STATUS_THREAD_SIGNALED
> and STATUS_THREAD_CANCELED, which can't occur any more.

It still looks good after a second read.  I'll try using it in my normal Cygwin
install to make sure no problems come up.

I've pushed a cleanup patch removing STATUS_THREAD_SIGNALED and
STATUS_THREAD_CANCELED, as well as a patch documenting the new behavior of the
pipe_byte option.

Ken