New implementation of pseudo console support (experimental)

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Tue Jul 21 18:17:51 GMT 2020

Hi Corinna,

On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 10:06:13 +0200
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 18 14:30, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-developers wrote:
> > Hi Corinna,
> >
> > On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 13:19:12 +0200
> > Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > > Hi Takashi,

> > > are you satisfied with the code?  If you want to merge it,
> > > I'd bump Cygwin to 3.2.
> >
> > Since this new implementation has both advantages and disadvantages,
> > there might be some options.
> >
> > 1) Default to new implementation and leave the current one as an
> >   alternative. Switch them using the environment CYGWIN.
> > 2) Default to current implementation and add the new one as an
> >   alternative. Switch them using the environment CYGWIN.
> > 3) Adopt only new implementation and throw the current one away.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> Do you really want to maintain twice as much code doing the same stuff
> and constantly having to ask users which version of the code they are
> running?  The maintenance cost outweighs the advantages, IMHO.
> Personally I'd go for option 3.

Personally, I feel a tinge of sadness to discard the current code,
however, your opinion sounds reasonable.

I will submit a new patch in which all the codes specific to the
current implementation are removed.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>