New implementation of pseudo console support (experimental)

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Jul 17 12:52:15 GMT 2020

> Hi Takashi,
>
> On Jul  1 20:47, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-developers wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 May 2020 00:40:24 +0900
>> Takashi Yano via Cygwin-developers <cygwin-developers@cygwin.com> wrote:

>>> * Prevent ResizePseudoConsole() calls unless the pty is resized.
>>> * Revise the patch to fit the current git head.
>>
>> Revise the patch to fit the current git head.
>
> are you satisfied with the code?  If you want to merge it,
> I'd bump Cygwin to 3.2.

FWIW, I just installed this patch locally and am seeing noticeable speed
improvements.  For example, here's the result of running 'make -j13 check' in
the info subdirectory of the texinfo source directory.  [I chose this test
because it uses both FIFOs and ptys.]

Without the patch:

$ time make -j13 check
[...]