Pseudo console support in PTY

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Sun Mar 31 15:00:00 GMT 2019

Hi Thomas,

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 00:07:08 +0100 Thomas Wolff wrote:
> (non-cygwin program), and handle that all in spawn.cc. So I am wondering
> whether your patch is maybe doing "too much", and why e.g.
> fhandler_console should be modified, as there is no need for such
> adaptive handling when running a console application in a console, even
> through cygwin.

As for the console code, I did "too much" if limited to pseudo
console support. It is just another job. It is essentially not
necessary for pseudo console stuff. Please reffer to:
https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-patches/2019-q1/msg00090.html
for more detail.

> > Known problems:
> > * Sometimes the screen layout would be broken.
> If you describe the issues, I'll be glad to try some analysis.

Thank you.

Actually, the cause is almost known. Pseudo console sometimes re-
draws the screen according to screen buffer. However, the screen
buffer does not have the screen contents drawn before PTY was
started. This breaks the screen layout.

One solution may be to clear screen when PTY is started.
It's annoying a bit...

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>