Pseudo console support in PTY

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Wed Apr 3 11:33:00 GMT 2019

On 03.04.2019 10:02, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Apr  3 09:55, Thomas Wolff wrote:

>> Can you give a hint that enables me to test the patch?

>>> Oh, right, ...

>>> but you got that wrong.  The conpty stuff *is* only applied for ptys.
>> So cygwin running as cygwin console still sets up a pty?
> Still?  It never did.  Call tty in a console and you get /dev/consX.
Misunderstanding, didn't mean "still", sorry.
> The ConPTY stuff only runs if the application requests a pty.
OK, but I think it should additionally be restricted to running
non-cygwin apps.

By the way, when I previously reported the patch to have no effect, that
was on a Windows 7 system, so of course it couldn't, sorry :/
Still failing to test the patch in mintty on Windows 10...
Thomas