Pseudo console support in PTY

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Wed Apr 3 07:18:00 GMT 2019

Am 02.04.2019 um 19:50 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> On Apr  2 19:16, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>> Am 02.04.2019 um 13:02 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
>>> Hi Takashi,

>> I've now tried your patched binaries on two systems. On one they don't run,
>> on the other I saw no noticeable effect, particularly no impact on the
>> pty/console interoperability...
> Try starting cmd from your shell in mintty and do some native stuff.
I've now self-compiled cygwin dll on a third system and can run a cygwin
console.
But the build process did not generate the cygwin-console-helper, maybe
that's the reason why mintty does not start?

> You'll notice two differences:
>
> - cmd history works
In the cygwin console, it does not, echos the cursor-up escape sequence
instead. See my previous comment that I think ConPTY should only be
applied if running at a pty. (And for other reasons only when starting a
non-cygwin app.)
> - dir /p will actually page
Does it also translate the character set?
Test case, when running in a German UI Windows:
xcopy
echoes either of
Unzul�ssige Parameteranzahl
Unzulässige Parameteranzahl