New compilation errors building Cygwin DLL

Sun Feb 25 09:44:00 GMT 2018

On Feb 24 16:28, Mark Geisert wrote:
> I'm getting the following two errors building after a recent 'git pull'...
>
> /oss/src/winsup/cygwin/fhandler_socket_unix.cc: In member function 'virtual
> int fhandler_socket_unix::ioctl(unsigned int, void*)':
> /oss/src/winsup/cygwin/fhandler_socket_unix.cc:589:10: error: 'ret' may be
> used uninitialized in this function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]
>    return ret;
>           ^~~
> /oss/src/winsup/cygwin/fhandler_socket_unix.cc: In member function 'virtual
> int fhandler_socket_unix::fcntl(int, intptr_t)':
> /oss/src/winsup/cygwin/fhandler_socket_unix.cc:607:10: error: 'ret' may be
> used uninitialized in this function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]
>    return ret;
>           ^~~
>
> I'd submit a patch but I'm unsure whether ret needs initialization to 0 or
> to -1 (with appropriate set_errno(EBLAH)).

This is nothing to worry about.  It's WIP and the functions have just
been copied from fhandler_socket_local to fhandler_socket_unix and then
stripped down to just keep the stuff required to keep in mind for the
new implemantation.  Just ignore any errors from fhandler_socket_unix
for the time being.