Rewriting the FIFO code

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Tue Dec 25 21:14:00 GMT 2018

On 12/14/2018 8:43 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
> I'll write
> again when/if I've sorted it out.

Hi Corinna,

Here's a new start.  For now, at least, I'm only trying to accommodate one
reader and several writers.  Maybe later I'll worry about more than one reader.

The attached patch indicates the approach I have in mind.  There's much more to
do, and I haven't thought about the duplex case yet.  And there isn't enough
written for me to test it yet, except to make sure it compiles.  But I just want
to see if you think the approach is reasonable before I continue.

Ken