spawn - where can I get it

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Thu Apr 5 05:39:00 GMT 2018

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018, Mark A. Engel wrote:
> Victor,
> Thanks but I get the "Address not found" screen.  Also it looks like that is
> rehat site.  I am running cygwin64 on my Windows 10 laptop, so will this run
> in cygwin or do I need some other site. Either case  - address not found.
>
> Victor Corral wrote:
>> you have to connet to ftp://ges.redhat.com
>>
>> On Wednesday, April 4, 2018, Mark A. Engel <mark.engel@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> cygwin team,
>>> I am trying to install cross compiler to cygwin environment.  The build
>>> stops when it can't find the "spawn" command.  I tried to download it with
>>> the cygwin64_setup tool.  I can't find it there and nowhere in the
>>> internet.  Do you have any idea where I might get/download the spawn
>>> command for cygwing64?u

(1) Please don't start new email threads by replying to an unrelated
email.  Start with a new email to the correct list.

(2) This is not the correct list for your question.  It should have been
sent to cygwin@cygwin.com.  I'm CCing that list so this query can be
continued there.

(3) It's not clear from your email if you need a 'spawn' command as part
of the execution of the build itself, or if one of the source files being
built requires a spawn() function which has not been found in an include
file.

Could you please reply quoting a few lines around the error in your build
log?  (But do that on the correct mailing list please.)

..mark