Implementing aio_* and lio_* (async i/o) on Cygwin

Wed Dec 13 10:02:00 GMT 2017

On Dec 12 22:48, Mark Geisert wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
> [...]
> Right now I have a patch to implement sigtimedwait() since it's similar to
> the already implemented sigwait() and sigwaitinfo().

Sorry for skipping over everything else, but that's really cool!

> I also have a patch
> that extends support for getting and setting cygthread and pthread names via
> cygwin_external().  I'll submit these two patches shortly.

That sounds a bit weird.  Why would you want to set cygthread names
via cygwin_external?  Those are not exposed to userspace.

And getting and setting pthread names is already implemented via
the Linux-like calls pthread_getname_np / pthread_setname_np...

Thanks,