x86 fork/sigaction issue

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Thu Oct 20 14:11:00 GMT 2016

On 08/09/2016 13:01, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Sep  6 16:55, Jon Turney wrote:
>>
>> Attached is a test case, extracted from pixman's fence-image-self-test
>> testcase.
>>
>> This seems work fine on x86_64, but fails on x86.   This seems to be a
>> regression, as it works correctly with Cygwin 2.3.1, but fails with 2.4.1
>> and later.
>>
>> Poking at this with gdb, it seems that the child exits with a status
>> indicating that it was terminated by SIGSEGV, so it's almost as if the
>> signal handler somehow doesn't get installed properly.
>>
>> This also seems to work correctly when straced, so I'm not sure what to make
>> of that or how to investigate further...
>
> git bisect?
Good idea.

# first bad commit: [600c44512756da11f45bd47b64f9c9cb9b6aa955] Add
missing dcrt0.cc patch to previous commit

I'm not sure what that commit is doing, or why the problem manifests
thereafter (assuming I didn't screw up the bisection)

I'm guessing this is perhaps related to the fix in
c43e9340f1bebe97d8e8ea683ec7f2bf911b5a85?