pthread_barrier_* API implementation

Václav Haisman vhaisman@gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 06:42:00 GMT 2016

Hi.

On rakudo.org ([1]) pages, I have noticed that the pthread_barrier_*
POSIX API is missing from Cygwin. I took a look at NetBSD and FreeBSD
implementations of it. It seemed to me that creating POSIX barrier on
top of POSIX mutex and POSIX conditional variable is not that hard ([2]).

Now, the question is whether this is acceptable and whether it should be
part of Newlib or directly part of Cygwin?

Second, if I should pursue that, or if anyone who knows either Newlib or
Cygwin better than I wants to mould the source into an acceptable form.
I would not mind somebody else doing it. :D

I have, in the past, contributed small patches to Cygwin and I had done
the necessary copyright assignment paper work, so copyright should not
be a problem.

[1]: http://rakudo.org/how-to-get-rakudo/#Installing-Rakudo-Star-Cygwin
[2]: https://gist.github.com/wilx/bb77de5d3f554afedd79

--