pdflatex errors in doc dir

Fri Jul 19 05:24:00 GMT 2013

On 2013-07-18 16:15, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 18 13:34, Warren Young wrote:
>> 2. Switch to FOP based document formatting.
>> [...]
>> The downside is the new dependency on FOP, and hence, Java.
>>
>> FOP is in many Linux package repos now, and where it isn't,
>> installing from the dist tarball is easy.  Installing Java on Linux
>> is easy these days, too.
>>
>> On Cygwin, you have to go through Cygwin Ports, and then hack
>> /usr/bin/fop to add "-Djava.awt.headless=true" to the java command,
>> else you're forced to run under X.

Yes, I have fixed that locally as well.

> That's really not an option.  It's much too complicated and I don't
> want us to rely on non-OSS software just to build the docs.

FWIW, Cygwin Ports' Java implementation is based on GNU Classpath and
JamVM, which is all FOSS and fairly lightweight, but obviously not a
perfect replacement for Su^WOracle Java.  FOP and all its dependencies
are also FOSS, and they are present in Fedora.

This is sufficient to run FOP to build PDF versions of the X.Org
documentation, Ant to build most Java packages, javac/javah/etc. for
compiling Java, ECJ as the built-in compiler for gcj, not to mention the
few Java-GNOME programs in Ports.

Yaakov