missing or wrong mingw_lib ?

Sun Jul 8 23:13:00 GMT 2012

On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 12:31:28PM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 8:53 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> Incidentally, I've revamped the configury for Cygwin in preparation for
>> moving it to a new stand-alone git repository.  Since it will be
>> standalone (with the possible exception of newlib), it no longer will be
>> using the old, arcane top-level configure/Makefile.in which has
>> accommodations for building gdb, binutils, gcc, flex, bison, etc.
>
>How does this affect mingw and w32api?  I've noticed Corinna's patches
>to mingw-w64 as well, will Cygwin be going that direction and dropping
>mingw and w32api?

Corinna's changes should allow building Cygwin with either w32api or a
mingw-w64 version of Windows headers files.  Obviously, for now, things
work as is with w32api and mingw.

I don't know if my configuration changes will be final or not but, if
they are, you have to choose the location for the Windows header files
when you first configure.