Possibility to add dlinfo() to dlfcn.h?

Thu Feb 2 15:34:00 GMT 2012

> On Feb  2 09:52, Ryan Johnson wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Before I go off hacking code, is there a particular reason dlinfo()
>> is missing from cygwin's dlfcn.h, other than SHTDI? I know it's not
> I guess it's a case of SHTNI, too, with N == notice or need.  After
> all, it doesn't even have a man page.
>
>> strictly a posix function, but it is present in the linux systems I
>> have access to and can be rather handy. I considered parsing
>> /proc/$$/maps, but that doesn't guarantee the module is actually
>> loaded (as opposed to merely mmapped).
>>
>> Based on past tangles with cygwin's underbelly I would think some
>> boilerplate surrounding a call to GetLoadedModules() would suffice.
> Not sure about that.  What do you want this function for?  What's
> your use case?
Sorry, you're right -- I'd mostly be interested in the linkmap, and
forgot about the other request types. I'm hoping the former would help
introspect unwind sections to construct accurate backtraces from within
an app. No big deal, tho. I'll play on a linux machine until I see
whether it's compelling enough to be worth porting to cygwin.

Thanks!
Ryan