[Fwd: Re: Problems with Cygwin-1.7.8 (or snapshot) and TeXLive 2010]

Earnie earnie@users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 7 14:01:00 GMT 2011

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> How is it possible that an additional parameter to the calling
> function can trigger an ERROR_INVALID_ADDRESS in a subsequently
> called Win32 function, even if this parameter is just a bool value
> not eve used in the Win32 call?!?
>
> Just for the records, I tested to remove the __stdcall and the
> regparm from get_file_sd.  I tried to replace the type bool with the
> Win32 typer BOOL and the native NT type BOOLEAN.  I rearranged the
> code. Nothing helps, except removing the additional parameter to
> get_file_sd.

Probably coincidence and something gone wrong with the compiler.  Try
changing the name and/or order of the parameter.  I've seen compiler
bugs that cause strange stuff in the programs over my 30 years of IT
experience.

Earnie