RFC: Cygwin 64 bit?

Fri Jul 8 18:17:00 GMT 2011

On Jul  8 20:06, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Something else I'm wondering about is this.
>
> Right now the executable contains just the name of a DLL it is linked
> against.  Does the PE/COFF format allow to store a relative path in the
> executable?  Something like, say,  "..\\lib64\\libfoo.dll"?  If that is
> possible (I have really no idea) wouldn't that allow to have the DLLs
> in /usr/lib64, given that /usr/bin is in $PATH anyway?

Just as an additonal data point, if you give a relative path to
LoadLibrary, it appends the relative path to "every token in the DLL
search list".  See the 7th paragraph in the "Remarks" section of
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms684175%28VS.85%29.aspx
If that would also work for DLLs an executable is linked against...