1.7.2?

Tue Mar 2 18:26:00 GMT 2010

On Mar  2 13:20, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 07:16:17PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >>
> >>Nope, I'll check in a few more SEH things in the next couple of days
> >>but, other than that, I think it's time for a new release.
> >
> >Chris, were the latest changes all you planned to apply?
>
> That's it for me for now.  I'd hoped to submit some more changes to
> _cygtls but I'm stalled for now.  I had an exciting change planned which
> I thought would minimize Cygwin's interaction with BLODA but, as usual,
> on further probing, Windows has thwarted me.
>
> >Other than that and the addition of the XDR entry points including
> >the fine documentation ;), is there anything left?
> >
> >What about the rename .exe suffix problem in the thread at
> >http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-03/msg00026.html
> >Do we have to fix that?  My problem is that I don't have any good idea
> >how to do that.
>
> I've been trying to pay attention to that issue but I don't really
> understand it.  Do we have a simple test cause which causes the problem?

Yes, the script David sent in the latest mail in the thread.
But how do you differe between a situation in which a file foo
is renamed to bar and the user does not want to add the .exe
suffix (svn), and the situation in which foo is renamed to
bar and the .exe suffix should be added (strip)?  I'm at a loss.

> I wouldn't mind releasing a 1.7.3 just with that fix if it came down
> to that.

Yeah, that would give us some time to think, first.  Not a bad
thing to do once in a while, thinking.