Request for help debugging screen problem

Shaddy Baddah helium@shaddybaddah.name
Sat Feb 6 15:29:00 GMT 2010

Hi,

> On Feb  5 17:31, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Feb  5 15:58, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
>>> I thought it was common knowledge that logging in to an
>>> Administrtors grouped user in Vista or Windows 7 is not enough to
>>> defeat the (default) UAC, and you remain unelevated from a privilege
>>> standpoint. That is why I have no choice but to unlock the genuine
>>> Administrator (and rename it just in case).
>>
>> No, that's not quite correct.  If you call LogonUser (or the cyglsa sort
>> of password-less authentication) successfully, the system returns the
>> non-elevated token as well as the elevated token as a so-called linked
>> token.  In case of pubkey authentication, Cygwin refers to the elevated
>> token and uses that to switch the user context.  In case of password
>> authentication it does not do that so far.
>
> In CVS it does now.

Can't build due to what look like very recent changes:

make[3]: *** No rule to make target
`/cygdrive/z/shaddybaddah.name-projects/cygwin-master.git/winsup/cygwin/regex/regex.h',
needed by `regcomp.o'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/cygdrive/c/Users/shaddy/cygwin-home/workarea/cygwin-build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin'

Regards,
Shaddy