Avoid collisions between parallel installations of Cygwin

Earnie Boyd earnie@users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 15 15:48:00 GMT 2009

Quoting "Larry Hall (Cygwin Developers)" <lhall@cygwin.com>:

>    A. A user has a Cygwin installation and the "Nifty-Difty Ultimate
> SSH" 3PP installed.
>      Surprisingly, "Nifty-Difty Ultimate SSH" hangs for some reason
> (it has a bug - who
>      knew this could happen) and the user tries to kill it using
> Cygwin tools.  The user
>      sends email to the list asking why he can't find and kill the
> "Nifty-Difty Ultimate
>      SSH" process using Cygwin's 'ps' and 'kill' (not '/bin/kill -f').

I find that when I have a hung ssh from a different instance of MSYS
the full path of the ssh is given in the ps list.  It makes it easy to
determine which instance is which.

--
Earnie