tcgetpgrp

Andy Koppe andy.koppe@gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 13:35:00 GMT 2009

>>> * fhandler_termios.cc (fhandler_termios::tcgetpgrp): Only return
>>> valid pgid if tty is controlling tty.  Set errno to ENOTTY and
>>> return -1 otherwise.

> Thanks for the testcase.  Here's what I see on Linux:
>
>  $ gcc -g openpty.c -o openpty -lutil
>  $ ./openpty
>  -1

Fair enough, but it's still a change in Cygwin behaviour, which is why
I'm wondering whether it's really necessary? I can't see any reason
for that restriction from a security perspective, so does anything
depend on -1 being returned? And is there any other (possibly
Cygwin-specific) way to get at that information?

Andy