[RFC] Cygwin libstdc++ plan (operator new/delete replacement)

Fri Oct 2 15:44:00 GMT 2009

Dave Korn wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
>
>>     It'll be a simple patch to add -mno-use-libstdc-wrappers to the
>> appropriate CFLAGS or CXXFLAGS, I'll have something soon.
>
>   I just got called away, I'll be AFK for a couple of hours; here's what I've
> set building (not complete and as yet untested) just in case I get hit by a bus.

  Build completed while I was pulling my shoes on; it worked and fixes the
startup problem.  I'm off now, but at least y'all got a workaround to be
getting on with and by the time I get back you can have let me know whether
you'd like a compiler version check on this or whether we're happy to say you
have to use up-to-date gcc to build cygwin from cvs.

    cheers,
      DaveK