ACL inheritance problem

Pierre A. Humblet Pierre.Humblet@ieee.org
Mon Nov 2 17:14:00 GMT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Corinna Vinschen"
To: <cygwin-developers>
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 11:34
Subject: Re: ACL inheritance problem

| On Nov  1 16:07, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
| > From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin Developers)"

| > |
| > | I still like the idea of #4, if we're voting. :-)
| >
| > Same here.
|
| Why?
|
| Don't get me wrong, but I would really like to *discuss* this rather
| than just have some arbitrary opinion.  It's an easy change, but I'm
| really curious if we really need it.  After all, I disabled this back in
| February, and nobody seem to have noticed it.  Cygwin applications
| won't care anyway, so it's a pure curtesy to non-Cygwin processes.
|
| So, again the simple question.
|
| Why?

I use non cygwin programs to create files in directories created by Cygwin and
like to get coherent permissions. The + in the ls output doesn't bother me.
If they cause problems, permissions of existing directories can be fixed by the user.
After all 1.7 is still experimental.

Why not, in addition the 3 drawbacks above?

Pierre