[RFC] Libstdc++ dll conformance solution. [Re: Cygwin 1.7 release (was Re: ??? The library or libraries will be delivered[...])]

Thu Jun 4 14:04:00 GMT 2009

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> I would love to say yes, but this is somewhat beyond my expertise.
> Can you give an executive (for dummies) summary what would have to be
> changed in Cygwin and how this breaks backward compatibility with...
> anything?

  Okeydokey.  Now, where did I leave that sack of unused bullet points?

  It'll take me a little while but I'll post a check-list style rundown of the
changes I'd want to add to the DLL followed by a number of worked examples of
use cases.  I believe I can do it without breaking any back compat at all (but
without relinking, existing executables wont be able to benefit from the new
behaviour).

    cheers,
      DaveK