[RFC] libgfortran dll i/o redirection lossage caused by order-of-termination issue

Mon Jul 20 11:31:00 GMT 2009

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi Dave,

 *waves*

> your mail to cygwin-talk looks like you made some progress in terms of
> this problem, is that right?  Are you going to propose a patch soon?

  Yep, and yep later this week.  Want to run full gcc-4.3.3-1 testsuite first,
but fortran results looked promising:

>                 === gfortran Summary ===
>
> -# of expected passes           24749
> -# of unexpected failures       218
> +# of expected passes           24925
> +# of unexpected failures       42
>  # of expected failures         3
>  # of unsupported tests         142
>  /gnu/gcc/releases/4.3.3-1/gcc4-4.3.3-1/build/gcc/testsuite/gfortran/../../gfortran  version 4.3.3 20090124 (beta) 1 (GCC)

  That's with the Cygwin DLL simply patched to schedule an atexit call to
dll_global_dtors directly after the exe's global dtors get run.

  (Also, going to fix libffi once and for all (both for 4.3.3 and HEAD), this
will I hope clean up a ton of java FAILs as a knock-on effect.  Am working on
that first while waiting the three days or so it takes to run the full tests...)

    cheers,
      DaveK