1.7.1 release date?

Mon Dec 7 15:43:00 GMT 2009

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 10:58:19AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Dec  6 14:43, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>Maybe you've never been involved in a "what do we call it" discussion
>>before but, in my experience, they are never short.
>
>Then, why did you bring it up in the first place?
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2009-12/msg00042.html We didn't
>have to touch the directory names, nor the setup.ini files.
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2009-12/msg00044.html This
>entire discussion could have been avoided.  You were the one starting
>it and now we are the ones blamed for it.

I do have the right to raise a concern.

I was talking about not changing the directory name for a non-beta
release.  Your adamant assertion to the contrary, I raised it because I
thought this was going to be the plan all along.  That wasn't entirely
right but some archive speleunking showed that the issue was still up in
the air.

I've raised what you should consider to be a real issue given your
concern about end-users being bitten by the upgrade.  The issue would
not be solved by giving a directory a cute animal name.

Rather than cutting down my email so that you can make ad hominem

I see that isn't going to happen so I'll look into doing something for
setup/upset in the next couple of days.