Longstanding __USE_W32_SOCKETS hiccup.

Fri Aug 7 20:12:00 GMT 2009

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> This is 100% a bug.  There's no good design reason to circumvent the
> POSIX socket API provided by Cygwin for a CYgwin library which will
> be linked against all applications written in this language.

  Despite the hokey design it's a fully-functional Ada compiler that passes all
but a handful of the compliance tests and 100% of the basic compiler
functionality tests.

  Anyway, I don't want to argue the toss endlessly.  I'll find some other way to
do it entirely in the compiler sources, or not bother at all.

    cheers,
      DaveK