speclib vs. -lc trouble.

Sun Apr 12 03:17:00 GMT 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 11:19:24PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>Dave Korn wrote:

>>>Do you have a test case that you could post?  I don't get this with
>>>either a new or old linker.
>>
>>At the moment the only way I can reproduce it is in the ld testsuite,
>>in the bootstrap tests.  If I can distill a testcase out of it I'll
>>post it here.

I could reproduce the problem and am in the process of testing a fix.

>Starting to look like a real BFD problem.

Yes, it was definitely some sort of binutils problem.  When I started
playing around I was getting error messages relating to the wrong
library.  I'd make a change to libc.a and get an error relating to
libcygwin.a.  That was enough of a clue to realize that these special
libraries need to look a lot less like import libraries.

I'll check something in shortly.