speclib vs. -lc trouble.

Dave Korn dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com
Sat Apr 11 05:59:00 GMT 2009

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> I assume this isn't being proposed as an actual fix.

Dave Korn wrote:
>   [ ... ] bodge my way round [ ... ] hacky kludge.

  I trust that answers that question!

> You are gratuitously moving the command-line arguments around.  Can't
> see how that would fix anything.  And you're creating the file in one
> place and copying it to another.  I don't see any reason to do that.

  Told ya I didn't speak perl!  I did it because I didn't know what was going
wrong with popping the lib name off the end of argv so I rearranged it to have
the variable bit at the end, where I knew how to deal with it.  And then I had
to copy it back to the build dir because I got rid of the abs_path stuff as
well because I also didn't understand it.  Given that my goal was just to get
the thing to build and try it out, I figured anything that works would do.

> You haven't refreshed your client to the changes that I made last night
> before I went to bed.  They should have fixed the "file not found" problem.
> There was an incompatibility between windows perl and linux perl that I
> hadn't anticipated and my change fixed that.

  I did check the viewcvs on sourceware.  It said last changed 6 hours ago
when I was writing, now it says last changed 11 hours ago.  Looks like you
checked in the fix in between me posting "it doesn't work" and "now trying
this", I didn't check again after hacking around it.


More information about the Cygwin-developers mailing list