console flashing, again

Eric Blake ebb9@byu.net
Tue Jun 17 11:55:00 GMT 2008

According to Corinna Vinschen on 6/17/2008 4:19 AM:
> Ok, I'll not touch it in the meantime.
>
> However, I don't quite get it.  When you start a non-cygwin app from a X
> app, shouldn't this start in an invisible console?  CreateFile("CONIN$")
> shouldn't create a console by itself at least.  But why should setting
> the console mode bits for input having anything to do with that?!?

Do you need me to try and capture a stripped down test-case and strace of
what emacs is doing?  My particular workflow where I noticed it was using
emacs' version-control hooks to query ClearCase for the current state of a
checked out file, so emacs is trying to parse the stdout of the non-cygwin
app, and I'm not sure whether it is redirecting the stdin from /dev/null.

Eric Blake             ebb9@byu.net